Can communicating in multiple languages help toddlers learn to speak early?

Pediatrician
Question
If we communicate with infants in multiple(two) lanuguages, will they be able to learn and talk?
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Will not be a problem but would need a few principles to be followed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure that bilingualism (exposure to two different languages) will lead to parallel development of both the languages. However, care needs to be taken to discern between the two while speaking.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Can communicating in multiple languages help toddlers learn to speak early? 1 hour later
what kind of care needs to be taken

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No specific suggestions

Detailed Answer:
No specific care. Just continue breast feeding the baby. Keep the baby warm and clean. Ensure proper burping.