question-icon

Can colonoscopy be done and Moviprep be taken when suffering from lupus?

Posted on Mon, 29 Dec 2014
Question: I am a lupus (well controlled) can I have colonoscopy and moviprep? thank you
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Lupus is no contradiction to getting prep for colonoscopy and the procedure itself. Feel free to carry on and get your colonoscopy done. This is a recommended screening procedure for everyone more than 50 years. This saves lives.

I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah