Can colonoscopies for ischemic colitis cause diarrhea, vertigo and fatigue?
Avoid constipation, stay hydrated and continue aspirin,Plavix
Thank you for trusting HCM
Ischemic colitis occurs due to decrease blood supply to the bowels. Many times this is temporary and colon reverts back to normal.
Since your angiography and colonoscopy yielded normal results, no further treatment is required. Continue Plavix and aspirin as they can prevent clot formations.
Here are few things to try to prevent future episodes
- drink plenty of fluids
- Avoid coffee
- diet rich in fiber like fruits and vegetables
- diet rich in probiotics like yogurt
- avoid coffee
- bulk forming laxative like psyllium
- stool softeners like dulcolax
-Always stay hydrated, drink lots of fluids
-Eat only small portions of meal at a time.
-Avoid smoking, if you do so.
An EKG is also recommended to assess cardiac function. Decreased cardiac function and arrhythmias can cause ischemic colitis.
It would also be helpful if you could provide details regarding any other medications you are taking, as certain medications can cause ischemia.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diet recommended for ischemic colitis
- Living with ischemic colitis
- Ischemic colitis causes
- Diet for ischemic colitis patients
- Ischemic colitis antibiotics
- Ischemic colitis young adult
- Triggers for ischemic colitis
- Recovering from ischemic colitis
- Acute ischemic colitis causes
- Ischemic colitis nutrition therapy
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...