Can cold sores cause facial itching despite being on Valtrex?
Nonspecific dermatitis, antihistaminic & cortisone cream.
I have gone through your complaints and this itching doesn't seem to be related to the cold sore.
It seems to be some non-specific dermatitis to anything you have applied to your skin or due to the weather.
I would recommend you to take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching and apply cortisone cream on itchy areas twice daily for 5-7 days.
This should improve your symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
You may need to take tablet Gabapentin and Amitriptyline
It could be neuralgia associated with viral infection.
In that case, you can take tablet Gabapentin once daily and tablet Amitriptyline at bedtime.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, Dermatologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs