Can cognitive disorder NOS arise overnight and completely disappear?
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
Yes, it is possible for Cognitive Disorder NOS to arise "overnight" and completely disappear after a period of time. For example, mild cognitive difficulties arising after a medical condition like febrile illness or concussion or drug reaction or any such cause can arise over a very short duration of time and disappear over the next few months. The doctors who assess the patient before and after this time interval will not find anything abnormal with the patient. But that does not mean that the doctor who made the diagnosis of cognitive disorder NOS must have been wrong.
It is often difficult to make diagnosis in retrospect. The third doctor can only guess as to whether the second doctor made a mistake or not, but can never be sure as patients often do not exactly remember what was happening with them a year back, especially if the symptoms are mild.
I hope this clears up things for you.
Dr Preeti Parakh
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Random bruises that disappear overnight
- What causes cognitive disorders
- Had brain tumor have fever tiredness cognitive disorder
- Canine cognitive disorder progression
- Cognitive disorder causes
- Symptoms of cognitive disorder nos
- Symptoms of Cognitive disorder
- Diagnosis of Cognitive disorder
- Treatment and cure for Cognitive disorder
- Drugs/medication for Cognitive disorder