Can clitoris enlarge after a cliteromelagy surgery?

Question
I was born with an ambiguous genitalia due to congenital adrenal hyperplasia. As a result of my large clitoris I had cliteromelagy surgery to reduce the size of my clitorios. I have noticed the last month or two that my clitrios is a bit bigger than it was. Is it possible after having surgery that it can become enlarged again? Thanks for your help.
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Clitoris may enlarge after surgery

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Clitoris can become enlarged after surgery for various reasons. One reason may be fluid accumulation or pus formation at the site. In case of pus formation, it may be painful as well.

It does respond to internal hormones and may have become enlarged in response to male hormones in your body.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: Can clitoris enlarge after a cliteromelagy surgery? 13 minutes later
I had the surgery 20 years ago. Is it more likely that it's a bit bigger due to male hormones? And is surgery done again to reduce it if it comes to that point? I do have an appt to my endocrinologist. But in the mean time wanted to know. I'm a bit nervous.

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clitoroplasty reserved for severe clitoromegaly

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

The surgery for clitoromegaly (clitoroplasty) is reserved for severe clitoromegaly. If clitoris does become big enough and interferes with your sexual life, only then a repeat surgery may be done.

It is likely that it has become bigger due to male hormones.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: Can clitoris enlarge after a cliteromelagy surgery? 36 minutes later
In other words I don't really have to be concerned that it will get as big as before the surgery? It was very big and very noticeable when I was standing up. Do i have to be concerned that it will become like that?

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to be concerned

Detailed Answer:
There is no need to be concerned. I don't think it will grow as big as then.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: Can clitoris enlarge after a cliteromelagy surgery? 5 hours later
Thank you for your time and your help.

Brief Answer:
Thanks

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting me.

Dr Vaishalee