Can clindamycin be used with melaglow for whiteheads and pimples?

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Thanx to your prompt reply mam.I am happy with your suggession..as i discussed prior using melaglow new in a day and yugard along with eukroma in n8..so pls guide me clindamycin can be use with melaglow togather in morning? If yes then kindly suggest name of cream/gel/lotion(eg. Clincitop,clindac..) if not then kindly tell which cream/gel/lotion of clinda on which time shd i apply..pls guide me safe clindamycin formula which can be use for whiteheads and pimples regularly without any chances for side effects to skin..my skin is oily..
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 34 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for your query

Now you are already using melaglow new cream in the morning. You can use an anti acne cream containing clindamycin along in the morning. I would have prescribed something like clingard or clintop gel to my patients with similar skin problems.
Now regarding the method of application, you should first apply clindamycin over the affected areas followed by application of melaglow new over the whole face after an interval of 10 to 15 minutes.
Clindamycin is usually safe medicine for using even twice a day over the face. It does not cause any irritant reaction over face in most cases.

Hope it helps.

Anything else that you want to know, please tell, I will be happy to help.

Dr Geetika Paul

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E