Can ciguatera fish poisoning cause H. pylori Infection or kidney stones?

Dr. Ornela Ademovi

Posted on Wed, 25 Jul 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can Ciguaterra Poisoning cause other problems or damage organs in the body. Such as H-pylori bacteria in stommach, or Kidney Stones, or damage the gallbladder or Liver??
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No relation known

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. The only known lasting consequences of Ciguaterra Poisoning are the neurological symptoms such as muscle aches, reduced nerve sensation and numbness, dizziness and headaches. While the symptoms of this type of poisoning can last for weeks, months and even years, there is no data of any possible link between this type of poisoning and H.Pylori infection, gall and kidney stones. The only plausible explanation in your case is that the poisoning affected your immune system giving way to exacerbation of conditions that were already there.Which makes sense, given that it is well known that other diseases tend to show up immediately after a prolonged disease such as a viral or bacterial infection or even poisoning.
A balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle to boost your immunity is a suggestion.

I hope this answers your question. Wishing you good health and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T