Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

151 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can choroidal vasculopathy re-occur in a hypertensive person?

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash


Practicing since :1969

Answered : 12618 Questions

Posted on Fri, 1 Jun 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: 67 yrs Male with Left Eye AMD with SRNVM , Choroidal vasculopathy, Primary Telangiectasia - Injection Macugen given intravitreal in yr 2006 , Hypertension, right now completely fine , pls suggest the probability of recurrence of problem, complications and future treatment required for above disease what is the recommended test
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
hypertensive profile should be done choroidal vasculopathy be checked.

Detailed Answer:
consult eye doctor for examination and follow up. may be now it will be completely alright hypertensive profile may be done. continue recomanded treatment with restricted salt dieat. serum cholesterol and lipid profile may be done. be physicaly active and take regular morning other investigation is required.recomanded treatment should be continued regularity of treatment with dieat control and regular physical activity.probability of recurrence will always be there followup by eye doctor be done. mmr vac cination should be done.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on