Can chlamydia pneumoniae bacteria develop into chlamydia trachomatis?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Can chlamydia pneumoniae bacteria develop into chlamydia trachomatis ?
Could you comment on the possibility of this happening as per ref below?

"However, once the chlamydia pneumoniae bacteria is introduced to the genitals by the carrying host, it will develop into chlamydia trachomatis. The host carrying C. pneumoniae may pass on the bacteria through oral sex which within three weeks developes into chlamydia trachomatis. "

Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is unlikely that one microbe can change into another.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thank you for posting this very interesting query.
I read the article and was quite confused.
Chlamydia pneumonia and chlamydia trachomatis are different organisms in the same family. This is the first time I have heard of one organism changing into another.
On looking up the medical references Uptodate and Medscape I could not find a reference for the same.
Though the theory sounds interesting, I could not find any proof.
If you do find, please let me also know.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Noble Zachariah