Can chemotherapy cure pancreatic cancer?
This is regarding my Mom. She is undergoing chemotherapy as she is suffering from Pancreatic cancer (stage 4). She has already undergone 20 sessions for chemo & now the Doctors are saying they might stop the chemo as there is no much improvements In pancreas & lungs. The cancer is in liver has shrunk a bit. She is very strong & her body is accepting the medicines with very little side affects. My questions is there harm in continuing the chemo? Is there any other organisation which can help us? will there be any pain or weakness once the chemo is stopped? She is currently getting treatment from Regional Cancer Centre in XXXXXXX Please advice!
Can try some other chemo
Thanks for your query.
I am sorry to know about your mom. In pancreatic cancer there are few effective chemo medicines available. I am not sure what drugs she has received till date.
Depending on what she has already received, there might be some other options. If she is accepting the medicines well, we can consider those options.
You can consult another center like Tata memorial hospital XXXXXXX for second opinion.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have pancreatic cancer will chemotherapy prolong life expectancy
- Is it possible to cure pancreatic cancer
- Treatment and cure for overall, pancreatic cancer
- Abraxane chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer
- Treatment and cure for inoperable pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatic cancer chemotherapy
- Treatment and cure for unresectable pancreatic cancer
- Treatment and cure for Pancreatic cancers
- Pancreatic cancer chemotherapy stopped
- Is it worth taking chemotherapy for liver and pancreatic cancer