Can brain tumors or parasites cause forgetfulness and memory loss?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
Hi Doctor,

I am a 34 year old woman and I have been experiencing what seems to be extreme absent minded XXXXXXX I often forget what I just read/ or heard and even simple directions that used to be part of my daily routine, I have trouble remembering or mess up. I am very concerned as it seems to be getting worse. For the past few days I have had a very mild headache that goes and comes. I went to get my eyes checked as well yesterday as I was having some pain in my head/eye sockets and my sight wasn't as clear as it used to be (and I was due for a eye exam).

I am terrified of having a brain tumor or a parasite.
Please advise.

Best,
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
A number of conditions may cause such issues.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Brain tumors or parasites result in a constellation of the symptoms, not only memory issues and mild confusion.

These issues may be caused by a number of conditions such anemia, anxiety and stress disorder, depression, thyroid gland dysfunction, etc.

I don't think you should worry about brain tumors, however, you should see your primary care Doctor and discuss with him about your issues.

He can get a better understanding of your condition after examining you.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.