Can botox therapy be done while on ayurvedic medicine?

Question
Hi Sir, My husband is diagnosed with Left PCA Infarct, Right Hemiparesis. Our doctor advised to go through Botox therapy to free his muscles. We are parallelly taking ayurvedic medicine also. Will it have any side effects with the undergoing treatment. Please suggest. Can we take Botox therapy along with ayurvedic medicine.
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail follows

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
First of all I would like to mention that the diagnosis of that you have mentioned is either wrongly made or you it is typing error on your behalf. This should be Left MCA infarct according to your description. MCA means Middle Cerebral Artery and PCA means Posterior Circulation Artery broadly.
Now let's come to your query. See your doctor must have told you that botox treatment that can be given is a temporary solution. You have to get re injections after a particular period.
I personally prefer botox therapy only in the patients who have severe rigidity not responding to baclofen.
I would advise you to discuss with your doctor regarding using baclofen if you aim to use botox for his limbs rigity (stiffness).
As such botox therapy is safe. There are no serious side effects. Only problem is cost and need of recurrent injections after a variable period of time.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay Healthy.

Follow-up: Can botox therapy be done while on ayurvedic medicine? 2 hours later
Sir,

Thanks for letting me know. One of my relative suggested to take Ayurvedic medicine for paralysis treatment. When we visited Ayurvedic doctor he suggested to take his medicines along with English medicine. But now we have a doubt that while undergoing Botox therapy is it safe to continue Ayurvedic medicine too or should we stop it.

Please help me know the impact of taking both kind of medicine at same time.

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
I must say here that it is up to you. No allopathic doctor is going to advise you to take both allopathic medicines and ayurvedic Medicines together.
In general if you go ahead with botox treatment with allopathic medications that we prescribe in case of strokes there should not be any problem.
I can't comment about ayurvedic medications as I don't know what is being used by them for the preparation of drug.
If you have any further query please ask me else close the discussion and rate it.
Stay Healthy.