Can blockage in the heart be detected without an invasive procedure?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I would like to enquire if there is a way to detect blockage without invasion?
I do not prefer to undergo A-plasty or A-graphy.

Last year I got a CARDIAC check up done from XXXXXXX Hosp.- October 2016.
Only during Tread Mill Test - there was a Positive - showing some Indication during the Return Back to Resting Normal from the high Rate.
I could successfully do the topmost speed and maximum incline on the TMT without any indication and with good response.

I would like to know if having taken the below home remedies over the past 1 year, can I get any other test or check done to confirm OK.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you i understand your concern for your health and i would like to tell you that if you dont have diabetes, no family history of heart disease, no smoking or high cholesterol and you never had any chest discomfort or sudden breathlessness while working the chances of having a coronary heart disease is very minimal.

Sometime during treadmill test when our heart rate rises ecg shows some changes which are actually heart rate related and they settle back quickly once test is stopped so there is nothing to worry for that.

But even if you want a conformation and you dont want any invasive procedure to be done then you can go for a CT angiogram which is a kind of an Xray of coronary arteries.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana