question-icon

Can aspiration pneumonia show as a retrocardial opacity?

Posted on Mon, 21 Apr 2014
Question: can aspiration pneumonia show as a retrocardial opacity
Answered by Dr. Likaj (2 hours later)
Brief Answer: No, the chances are too low. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for asking. I think it is a little bit strange to deal with an aspiration pneumonia in this case. Usually in the case of aspiration we have bilateral infiltrates located in the basal areas of the lungs. When it is unilateral, the chances are to be localized in the right lung. To have a complete picture and to give a detailed opinion, I need to see your lateral Rx of the chest. Best regards, Dr. Ermal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Likaj

Cardiac Surgeon