Can arthritis cause tingling of the lips, arms and legs?
This may be feeling the beginning of a SENSORY TIA
Your symptoms are not likely due to a pinched nerve since the territory you are mentioning being that of FACE, ARM, AND LEG is much more expansive than would be covered by a single spinal nerve root. A more plausible explanation would be that the brain is not receiving sufficient oxygen supply to the right hemisphere in one of the major blood vessels for some reason.
My recommendation is that you consider an urgent visit to the local ER for a full workup. Even if your symptos are gone in the next few minutes or seem to be getting better that is not a guarantee that they can't return and a good ER doctor will perform a thorough neurological examination to make sure you are not suffering from a subtle residual effect of this episode you're describing which if present for more than 60 minutes or so could represent an evolving stroke.
Please do not delay and consider calling 911. I would even caution against your driving yourself or even having anyone drive you......911 is your safest AND QUICKEST way to get evaluated for something that can go from bad to worse in a matter of moments without treatment.
I would decidedly be grateful if you could tell me ultimately what your decision was with respect to being checked out was and I hope it is most positive, however, being safe rather than sorry is what practicing PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE is all about.
This query has utilized a total of 10 minutes of professional time in research, review, and synthesis for the purpose of formulating a return statement.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Dariush Saghafi, Neurologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Restless legs tingling bruise on calf arms tingling
- Tingling in left arm and leg
- Lips tingling and right arm tingling
- Tingling legs arms testosterone
- Can anxiety cause leg cramps and tingling lips
- Numbness or tingling in the arms or legs
- Does spondylosis cause tingling in face arms and legs
- Right arm and lip tingling
- Leg arm tingles weakness
- Hypertension tingling arms legs
- Suggest treatment for numbness in my left hand’s fingers
- Suggest treatment for numbness in the fingers
- Suggest treatment for pain and stiffness in the neck
- Suggest treatment for severe throat pain
- What does this MRI report indicate?
- Can an epileptic person take Vistaril?
- Suggest remedies for dizziness after electroconvulsive therapy treatment
- Suggest remedies for intolerance to Trazodone
- Suggest treatment for nausea, weakness and low BP
- What causes high BP and pulsating sensation in the throat and abdomen?