Can anxiety cause physical muscle/body aches if anxiety is frequent
Yes, anxiety can manifest as generalised body aches and pains.
You are correct, anxiety can present with body aches and pains.
It need not be frequent for such presentation.
You must consult with a psychiatrist for your issues.
That said, we must always rule out other causes of body aches and pains which include, viral fevers, trauma, lactic acidosis, recent strenuous exercise, taking anti diabetic medicines or cholesterol lowering medicines.
Please do consult your GP/PCP to rule out these issues, and once it is ruled out, you may go ahead with your consultation with the psychiatrist.
I hope to have answered your query to your satisfaction, please do write back to me if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...