Can anxiety cause breathlessness?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Sat, 11 Mar 2017 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: can anxeity cause alot of physical symptoms more then the usual cant breath chest pain etc
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety

Detailed Answer:

Anxiety cause multitude of symptoms which may or may not be related to an injury or disease.
The symptoms that you mentioned could be well because of anxiety. In such a case we do a through evaluation to rule out other similar medical causes like Hyperthyroidism, Angina, Mood disorders, Gastritis, Alcoholism, Respiratory distress.
So it is important to test and rule out the above conditions before anxiety is traced in the individual and treated appropriately.

Let me know if you have any specfic questions about this I can address them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 8 minutes later
i suffer health anxeity from a recent diganaisos od polmary embolisom im on blood thinners now warafrin

i get pain in both rib cage area more my right side my clot is on my right side btw stomach legs arms i seem to get pain everywhere and of course i look on google and start worrying because of my health anxeity they put my clot down to post partrum because i just had a baby i breastfeed too
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your problems woulld be addressed

Detailed Answer:

Your medical problems with organic disorders would surely be addressed by the physicians you are consulting. Warfarin is the right choice for Pul Embolims.

However the anxiety that you experience needs your own participation. You should stop reading about your problem on Google instead search for answers with doctors when you meet them face to face. Reading aggravates the anxiety and intensifies the pain, the studies from numerous resources say that.

You should concentrate on caring your baby and breast feed her. Do not let gadgets interfere with your caregiving. Your are on top of earth by giving birth and you should take care of what god has given and only few have the chance. You should utilize that chance. People who take care of their babies are more happier and longevity is more.