Can antibiotics show a false positive for cocaine in urinalysis?
possible chances of false positive test
Thanks for using hcm.
I can understand your confusion and feel concerned.
Can I know the reason for which your doctor has requested for a urine analysis?
Antibiotics like amoxycicillin or any penicillin groups, local an aesthetics (except lidocaine and Novocaine), diabetes, liver diseases, kidney infections and antipsychotic drugs can give false positive tests.
Can I know if you have any other of the above history or taking any medications?
Please get back with the details and be free to ask any related doubt.
Wishing you good health.
All the best,take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urinalysis negative culture positive
- Will oxyelite show in a urinalysis test
- Urinalysis showed the presence of pus
- Will clorazepate show up in urinalysis
- Urinalysis shows 10000- 50000 cfuml e coli need antibiotics
- Urinalysis positive bacteria no pus
- Will meth show up in routine urinalysis
- Positive urinalysis with oxyelite pro
- Pulse cell positive in urinalysis
- Urinalysis shows blood and pus