Can anemia cause swelling in the legs?

Question
After having a successful procedure for PAD I am having major problems with edema in my feet and legs. What's the connection? I have also learned that I am anemic again.
I had a endoscopy and colonoscopy about 6 months ago and little cause was found for a bleed. They did discover I had H Palori. I and was treated with antibiotics and pronounced cured.
Is everything connected? Taking a barrage of meds and am wondering if any or all can be causing problems.

Attaching recent blood tests.
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anemia is the cause

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

I do not think that they are connected. However, your being anemic possibly has direct association with the edema of legs and feet. Anemia is a known cause of edema. You need to take iron supplements for the same.

I do not suppose that H pylori or the medicines have a role to play.

Follow-up: Can anemia cause swelling in the legs? 3 hours later
My edema is very bothersome. Tried ice, Heat, elastic stockings, elevation. Nothing works! Feet are too large for shoes. Pain at night intolerable. I am trying 65mg. iron. Is that enough? Water pills seered to help in beginning but no longer. Weight gain overnight. Could the kidneys be involved? I did have kidney stones many years ago.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Correction of the anemia is the way out

Detailed Answer:
Ice, heat, elastic stockings, elevation do nothing to improve the situation and therefore would not help. Correction of the anemia is the way out. Could you please tell me what form of iron (composition of the iron preparation) are you taking? It matter. Based on that I would be able to suggest if it would suffice.

Edema means accumulate of fluids which means weight gain. Correction of the underlying cause will take care of the issue.

Follow-up: Can anemia cause swelling in the legs? 43 minutes later
I'm taking 65 mg, 325 mg Ferrous Sulfate, over the counter.
Thanks so much for your replies.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Should suffice

Detailed Answer:
Should suffice.
Also be sure to take plenty of green leafy vegetables.