Can anemia and dehydration cause high glucose levels in blood?
I may suggest OGTT.
Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.
Blood sugar level done immediately after eating has not been scientifically standardized.
So one cannot comment on blood sugar level of 200 in the absence of osmotic symptoms (symptoms of high blood sugar level- increased frequency of urination, abnormal thirst and hunger and weight loss despite of increases hunger).
To define normal or abnormal value for blood sugar levels there are standard tests-
- OGTT (Oral Glucose Tolerance Test).
- Random blood sugar done in the presence of osmotic symptoms mentioned above.
And all these tests should be done on venous blood sample.
In your case there may be likely possibility that blood sugar level has been done with glucometer which lack standardization.
It is very unlikely for you to progress to diabetic state from HbA1c of 4.2 over 1 year.
To confirm I may suggest to do -
OGTT (or Fasting and Post-prandial Blood sugar level from laboratory).
Certain type of medicines like steroids (considering the clinical details given in your question there is no indication for steroids in your case.)
Your anemia is due to blood loss due to problem of uterus.
You should follow advise your gynecologist.
Take some iron and multivitamin supplements after consulting with your gynecologist.
Hope this helps you.
Dr. Abhay Mali.
First confirm blood sugar levels.
Seroquel 100mg may not be the cause.
First confirm abnormal blood sugar levels with appropriate test as mentioned earlier.
Don't be panic for a problem which is yet ti confirm.
Hope this helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dehydration and high sodium levels
- Dehydration and high calcium levels
- Causes of blood draw bruising dehydrated
- Dehydration and high creatinine levels
- Dehydration and high blood pressure
- Cough anemia running nose dehydration
- Can dehydration cause blood in urine
- Dehydration causes
- Can dehydration cause high bilirubin
- High bilirubin level caused by dehydration
- How long does gestational diabetes take to resolve?
- What causes elevated blood sugar levels?
- What causes weakness all over body and numbness on left side of chest?
- What does the following microalbumin report indicate?
- What does high fluctuation in blood sugar levels indicate?
- Is there any scope for further improvement in vision of a diabetic patient?
- Can oral anti-diabetic medicine be taken after LVAD implantation?
- Suggest medication for elevated blood sugar levels
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- What causes abdominal pain, spasms and frequent sticky stool?