Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Can anal lesions be hemorrhoids?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
Are these hemorrhoids?
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes those are hemorrhoids Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX The anal lesions you have presented on the pictures are those of external hemorrhoids. You will need antihemorrhoidal suppository, corticosteroid creams and maybe some antiinflammatory tablets to help remedy the situation. I suggest you see a doctor who can get close medical examination and provide you with appropriate treatment. Hope this helps and wish this helps Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can anal lesions be hemorrhoids? 10 hours later
I'm using germoloids cream and a fibre supplement called fybrogel for a week, how much longer could it take to heal?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Can take just a couple of days Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Hemorrhoids upon proper treatment can take as fast as just a couple of days to several weeks to completely heal. I do believe you are already on the appropriate treatment and you should therefore give it sometime for it to clear off. Regards Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can anal lesions be hemorrhoids? 3 hours later
I have found out from another question that I may have herpes, could they be this instead of hemorrhoids?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not think it is herpes Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I did look at the picture I am sure it is hemorrhoid you are having and not herpes. Those are not how herpes lesion occur. Maybe the little bump just posterior to the larger lump may look like herpes lesion, but I am sure that you are suffering from hemorrhoid and not herpes. It will be more proper if you went to see a doctor so that a good physical exam can be done. Hope this helps Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor