Can an ultrasound scan confirm abortion?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Would a doctor see on a ultrasound scan that I had an abortion 2 weeks ago or not. My boyfriend is taking me to a doctor for a scan to make sure that I am not pregnant. I told him that I had an abortion two weeks ago. I wasnt pregnant at all. On the scan they will see that there is no baby but will the scan show that I wasnt pregnant at all and didnt have an abortion
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The scan confirm that you are not pregnant.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for hcm about your health care.
I can understand your concern here...
The ultrasound scan can rule out whether you are pregnant or not.
It can also rule out that your abortion is completed or not.
As I understand with your query that you want to know whether ultrasound clear that you are pregnant or not.
Ultrasound scan is confirmatory test to rule out pregnancy.
Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 11 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. I also wanted to know if the doctor can see that I didnt have an abortion because I wasnt pregnant at all
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, scan will not say about your previous abortio.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

You are most welcome.
No, your ultrasound will not comment on your previous abortion because it can only see whether your uterus is empty or not.
Your uterus size is also normal after 2 weeks of abortion.
So do not take any stress.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN