Can an intermittent bad belly ache with no other symptoms
It can be due to Appendicitis
In Appendicitis,pain initially starts around Bellybutton (Umbilicus) initially,but later it shifts to Right lower aspect of the Abdomen (Right Iliac Fossa).This doesn't happen in every case.
Sometimes, mesenteric lymphadenopathy also causes pain around Bellybutton.
Please get an Ultrasound Abdomen.It will give a Clue.
If the pain continues even after some treatment,I prefer a Diagnostic Laparoscopy where I can see the Abdominal structures.If Appendix is inflamed or filled with Faecoliths,it can be removed immediately.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish her good health
Appendix will be in right lower aspect of Abdomen
Appendix is located in right lower part of the Abdomen.Pain may be around the Umbilicus .In some people,pain may be in the upper part of the Abdomen in the centre.Feeling of vomiting (Nausea) can be present.
In my 20 years of Experience,I have seen many varities of presentation of Appendicitis.
Faecoliths in the Appendix will present atypically.
CT Scan Abdomen will confirm the DIAGNOSIS.
Hope I answered your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having watery mucus in stools. Taking probiotic for gas and bloating....
- Had enlarged lymph node on thigh. Reason for pain in middle back and...
- Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it...
- Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach...
- Got hit on head. Big lump appeared. No dizziness or memory loss. Worried...
- Feeling nauseous and abdominal pain after gall bladder removal. What...
- Having cough and sore throat. Can I consume herbalife f1 shake, tea and...
- Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to...
- Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?
- Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in...