Can an epidural be used for ovarian cysts removal?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
Question
If I have ovarian cysts 2 I fact which are benign on my left ovary. Hopefully they will stay small as I have had 2 ultrasounds and no change . If I had to have an operation would I be able to have epidural and not put to sleep, as I am so frightened of that . XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, epidural is safe

Detailed Answer:

Yes, you can go for epidural anaesthesia for removal of ovarian cysts, it's a safe procedure.
Also I suggest ask for the frozen section [histopathology] examination intra-operatively. This will tell whether the cysts are benign or otherwise. This will help surgeon to do proper surgery.

Good luck