Can an ear infection cause mild dizziness if not treated ?
Thanks for the query.
The dizziness you experience is most probably related to the inner ear.You may need medications to control the dizzy feeling which will act specifically on your inner ear and monitor the equilibrium. Most often minor fluid changes and pressure changes in the ear can cause mild dizziness. This may also be controlled with simple ear maneuveres which an ENT specialist would demonstrate and teach you.
It would be better if you could get your blood pressure checked. There is nothing to be worried about , even if the blood pressure points on the higher side , it can certainly be brought down with medications, diet and life style modifications.I understand your concern about the heart and the BP cuff , there is no need to be anxious, it is too early to say that there is an underlying heart problem.
Meanwhile I also suggest you get a general examination . Routine blood tests for blood counts, anemia, infection and blood sugar with urine tests would be helpful in finding the cause of your symptoms.
I suggest you drink good amount of fluids and water daily. Most often dizziness is due to dehydration or low blood pressure due to reduced fluids in the body.Do not set out or spend too much time under the sun , prefer to remain indoor. Whenever you feel dizzy, make sure you lie down immediately and take good amount of rest. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep daily.
Hope this answers your query. I am available for follow ups as well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sinus ear infection dizziness
- Will azithromycin treat ear infection
- Ciprofloxacin to treat ear infections
- Treat ear infections in adults
- How to treat an ear infection
- Will doxycycline treat ear infection
- Mild dizziness causes
- Metronidazole to treat ear infections
- Treat inner ear infection
- Will cipro treat ear infection
- Cluster of brown raised pimples on cheeks. Need treatment
- 4 year old with cough, stuffed nose, greenish discharge from eyes. Need...
- Nasal septum looks like broken, does not join with nasal bone after...
- Irregular periods and weight gain after endoscopy, was on DHEA &...
- Suffering from sore throat, dry nose, bleeding. Causes?
- Congestion in ears and nose, persisting dizziness, cold. Took sudafed...
- Foreskin left rolled back after frenuloplasty. Should be trying to bring...
- Can allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, breathlessness be the symptoms of...
- Swelling and bruise on foot and ankle after an injury. Is running advised?
- Rheumatic arthritis patient,asthma,severe osteoporosis,loss of appetite