Can an MRI of the abdomen identify a hiatal hernia?
Yes this test will tell.
Yes, this test should tell if there is a hernia and if stomach is in right place and attached to the diaphragm.
However, gastroscopy is the right test to diagnose it.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Grzegorz Stanko, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hiatal hernia pulsating abdomen
- Complex paraesophageal hiatal hernia
- How to deal with hiatal hernia
- Hiatal hernia and menstrual problems
- Warfarin and hiatal hernia
- Hiatal hernia cold feet
- Hiatal hernia esophageal spasms
- Hiatal hernia loss of consciousness
- Hiatal hernia sweat odors
- Hiatal hernia pain in upper abdomen
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?