Can an Anxious-ambivalent attachment disorder in an adult be successfully

Dr. K. V. Anand

Psychologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Mar 2018 in Relationship
Question: Can an Anxious-ambivalent attachment disorder in an adult be successfully treated? If so, please explain approach. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Usually no treatment is required for Anxious-ambivalent attachment Disorder

Detailed Answer:
Dear Kpknights. Thanks for the question. I do understand and went through the question.

First of all I wish to know the age of the infant because Anxious-ambivalent attachment is related to an infant.

Anxious-ambivalent attachment is when the infant feels separation anxiety when separated from the caregiver and does not feel reassured when the caregiver returns to the infant. Anxious-avoidant attachment is when the infant avoids their parents. Disorganized attachment is when there is a lack of attachment behavior.

Usually the infant learns and the Anxious-ambivalent attachment disorder clears itself within a short span of around three months if the caregiver consistently gives the required care. No treatment is required in such a case.

Because the infant learn from the circumstances and its own experiences, it will be easy for the caregivers to instill an attachment pattern. In most cases, the infant tend to like one of its caregivers more and wants their presence always. But this does not mean the infant is avoiding the other caregiver and require treatment for some attachment disorder. Patient attention given to the infant can alter the attachment pattern itself.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana