question-icon

Can alprim usage for UTI lead to elevated creatinine levels?

Posted on Sat, 10 May 2014
Question: My creatinine is 446, kidney function 8, this has occurred because although I have kidney failure Drs put me on alprim for UTI. Will this level rise now I have stopped the tablets.? XXXXXXX YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha (3 hours later)
Brief Answer: Recheck values Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query S creat normal values are 1.2 mg/dl. It is not possible to have a creatinine of 440. Could you please re check the values and get back to me. Could also type the urine report. Alprim is a good tablet for UTI. The creatine value will not rise after stopping the tablet if the UTI is completely and adequately treated. To know if the UTI is treated I advice you to repeat the urine routine. If the pus cells are still present in urine then Alprim needs to be continued I hope I was of help I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards
Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist