Can alcohol be consumed while on Furosemide?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can I drink moderately after supper and before going to bed if I'm taking 20mg of furosemide?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lesser is better

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

Although we in cardiology ask patients not to drink because then we can not keep a check at their intake and alcohol does cause cardiomyopathy and other issues but usually some quantity can be allowed..

It is always recommended to stay in safe limit instead of making things worse for yourself.

I would recommend you not to over drink and not to drink very regularly occasional is ok lesser is better.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.