Can accidental intake of Amlodipine cause any side effects?
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
Don't worry you will be fine.
Amlodipine usually takes 72 hours to get out from the body. So just a keep check on your BP. If you have an instrument at home check it else get it checked.
There is nothing to worry as such. Just consume plenty of water and have coffee if you feel drowsy or weak.
As such nothing to be done.
If you have any further query please ask me.
I feel a little weird right now. Felt fine yesterday and day before. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night because had to wake up early to get my son off. But I am thinking it might be psychological due to the discovery so am trying to calm myself down. I only started feeling weird after I worked out. I did my stretches for my plantar fasciitis problem and about 20 min cycling at the gym for cardio. I just feel odd, not tired.
When I discovered the wrong medicine last night, I started taking the correct med, the 600mg ibuprofen, and have taken it twice now. So now my foot feels better today at last. ( I had wondered why the ibuprofen had seemed to do nothing to help my foot pain the last couple of days- now I know why!).
Also my bp is normally about 120 over 70. In case that matters.
If your BP is fine as you have mentioned you can just relax.
Avoid exercises and stressful activities.
Just ignore the part that ibuprofen was not working.
Just leave things, forget it, sit back and relax.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can accidental intake of carbidopa cause any side effects
- Amlodipine sexual side effects
- Amlodipine maleate side effects
- Amlodipine and benazepril side effects
- Amlodipine and losartan side effects
- Amlodipine and valsartan side effects
- Will accidental intake of caradopa levodopa cause any side effects
- Amlodipine besylate side effects
- Ramipril amlodipine side effects
- Amlodipine tablets side effects