Can abnormality observed in the fetal kidney be reversed after child birth?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question

My wife is pregnant and its her 31st week, we went for growth scan and it resulted saying baby right pelvis (kidney) is 15.7mm and doctors said they wont be able to tell anything at this point of time and cases of these kind are like 1 in 20 these days. It may get regressed after birth and may be up to one year of birth and in worse case scenario surgery needs to be done.

we are very much worried. Please advise, looking forward a quick reply
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Don't worry

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

I have seen many such reports where kidneys have turned out to be normal after birth.

It seems to be so in case of your baby also. Kidneys are likely to be fine after birth and I see no point in worrying.

Your baby's kidneys should be fine.

Let me know if you need any more help.