Can a wound on penis be caused by fungal infection?

Dr. Binod Kumar Pati

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I have cut like wounds on penis. I read it is a fungal infection.i want to know if this is cureable? If so .is there over counter remedy .is this condition life threatening. Can I infect my partner by kissing?
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get examined and identified the lesion

Detailed Answer:

A warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.
I understand your concern.

Actually, it will be somewhat difficult to tell what exactly is required for treatment before identifying the lesion correctly, which needs at least an inspection by a doctor. It is best to get examined by a doctor. Second option is that you can send a photograph of the lesion. Rest of your query can be answered easily after the condition is diagnosed.

I guess it may be a fungal infection or a viral one. Over the counter antifungals are usually available in chemist shop.

No it is does not seem to be life threatning.

Please send a photograph of the lesion, so that I can help you better.

Waiting for the photo.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari