Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Can a wound on penis be caused by fungal infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 180 Questions
I have cut like wounds on penis. I read it is a fungal infection.i want to know if this is cureable? If so .is there over counter remedy .is this condition life threatening. Can I infect my partner by kissing?
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get examined and identified the lesion

Detailed Answer:

A warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.
I understand your concern.

Actually, it will be somewhat difficult to tell what exactly is required for treatment before identifying the lesion correctly, which needs at least an inspection by a doctor. It is best to get examined by a doctor. Second option is that you can send a photograph of the lesion. Rest of your query can be answered easily after the condition is diagnosed.

I guess it may be a fungal infection or a viral one. Over the counter antifungals are usually available in chemist shop.

No it is does not seem to be life threatning.

Please send a photograph of the lesion, so that I can help you better.

Waiting for the photo.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor