Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Can a skin tag grow on lower abdomen just below my C section line?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I developed what looked like a skin tag on my lower abdomen just below my C-section line. It has grown to about an inch long and is uneven is size and very soft and limp. Can a skin tag grow that long?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Rule out insiotional hernia Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Skin tags can develop on different parts of the body. And sometimes they may grow up to one inch also. But as you developed that, near the scar of cesarean section, better to rule out other possibilities like insiotional hernia. So, once consult your gynecologist and get examined. If that is simple skin tag, that could be removed. In case of insiotional hernia, ultrasound may be needed, to identify the contents of it. And then repair can be planned. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor