Can a refill prescription be delivered for a paraplegic patient?

Cardiologist
Question
I am severely handicapped, limited to a motorized wheelchair and unable to leave my house. My doctor left my group and I have been nursing my heart meds. (carvedilol)for some time now. I needa refill prescription and have it delivered to my home. I am a recovering paraplegic and have extremely limited mobility. I live alone here and really don't know anyone. Is there any advice you can give me? I can't go into a hospital because I care for my animals and have no acquaintances here in Oracle to help. Is there any way to have prescription sent to someone who will deliver it. I have been a shut-in for 10 yearsyet find age is rapidly creating a superior need I am facing for the first time.
Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that maybe you can contact by email with your family doctor and describe your situation.

May be in your local area there is some home medical service, which can provide you with such service.

But, from the other hand, you should know that medical prescription of the drugs should be based on periodical check ups every 6 months, including a resting ECG, a chest X ray study and blood lab tests.

As you are limited to a wheelchair, maybe you can ask for social assistance, which is payed by the social services, to help you provide with food and the drugs you need.

You should discuss with your family doctor and with the social service on the above issues.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri