Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Can a refill prescription be delivered for a paraplegic patient?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 4907 Questions
I am severely handicapped, limited to a motorized wheelchair and unable to leave my house. My doctor left my group and I have been nursing my heart meds. (carvedilol)for some time now. I needa refill prescription and have it delivered to my home. I am a recovering paraplegic and have extremely limited mobility. I live alone here and really don't know anyone. Is there any advice you can give me? I can't go into a hospital because I care for my animals and have no acquaintances here in Oracle to help. Is there any way to have prescription sent to someone who will deliver it. I have been a shut-in for 10 yearsyet find age is rapidly creating a superior need I am facing for the first time.
Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that maybe you can contact by email with your family doctor and describe your situation.

May be in your local area there is some home medical service, which can provide you with such service.

But, from the other hand, you should know that medical prescription of the drugs should be based on periodical check ups every 6 months, including a resting ECG, a chest X ray study and blood lab tests.

As you are limited to a wheelchair, maybe you can ask for social assistance, which is payed by the social services, to help you provide with food and the drugs you need.

You should discuss with your family doctor and with the social service on the above issues.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor