Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Can a private clinic pump out stomach?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1968
Answered : 298 Questions
Is it possible to go to a private clinic in the UK and ask for stomach to be pumped? I do mean proper stomach pump not charcoal 'drink'.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Eating Disorders
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your question.

The quick answer to your question is "No". No doctor or clinic, private or public, is going to carry out an invasive and potentially XXXXXXX procedure like a stomach pump-out, unless there are some very good reasons for doing so.

These days some of the commoner indications for stomach pumping would be following accidental or or deliberate ingestion of a potentially XXXXXXX substance as in for example attempted suicide. Other indications might be a condition known as paralytic ileus or bowel obstruction.

But a person can not go into a private clinic and get a stomach pump-out just because that is what they think they need.

I hope this helps you and that you can accept this answer.

Keep well.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor