Can a polyp in the gallbladder cause pain and swelling in the abdomen?

Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have a spot on my upper right abdomen, about the size of a dime, that is tender to the touch. Without touching it, I often have a burning pain in the same spot. I saw my family doctor and she order a complete work up and an ultrasound. All my labs and ultrasound came back with no apparent concerns, according to my doctor. She said they did find a small polyp on my gallbladder but it shouldn't cause me any pain. I'm left now with basically no diagnosis and the "spot" located right where my gall bladder is still causing me discomfort. What else could it be? It's been over a month now since I started to feel it.
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry since all the reports are normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic...
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..

Please note..
1. This could either be some unknown trauma and clotted blood which is causing such a Spot there.

2. If it's bit like a swelling, then it could be the one arising from Abdominal wall.

3. But however, since all the reports are essentially normal. I suggest you not to worry about it.

4. It should eventually fade away one fine day..

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me directly.
Or, you can close the question and rate.
Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T