Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Can a polyp in the gallbladder cause pain and swelling in the abdomen?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 383 Questions
I have a spot on my upper right abdomen, about the size of a dime, that is tender to the touch. Without touching it, I often have a burning pain in the same spot. I saw my family doctor and she order a complete work up and an ultrasound. All my labs and ultrasound came back with no apparent concerns, according to my doctor. She said they did find a small polyp on my gallbladder but it shouldn't cause me any pain. I'm left now with basically no diagnosis and the "spot" located right where my gall bladder is still causing me discomfort. What else could it be? It's been over a month now since I started to feel it.
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry since all the reports are normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic...
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..

Please note..
1. This could either be some unknown trauma and clotted blood which is causing such a Spot there.

2. If it's bit like a swelling, then it could be the one arising from Abdominal wall.

3. But however, since all the reports are essentially normal. I suggest you not to worry about it.

4. It should eventually fade away one fine day..

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me directly.
Or, you can close the question and rate.
Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor