Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Can a non retractable foreskin cause discharge from the penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6182 Questions
can a non retractable foreskin cause discharge from the penis ( white/pale green/pale yellow)??

if so will stretching with eumovate cream help?
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this non retractable foreskin. I hope together we shall figure out a good solution to this.

A non retractable foreskin prevents the glans penis from sliding out especially during urination. This would cause urine not to leave the urethra and fall directly to the outside but go through a dead space between the glans and the foreskin. This predisposes to some droplets settling behind and forming a good milieu for an infection. Infections would lead to discharges of various colors depending on the exact cause. This is most likely the problem with you.

Stretching would definitely help because it will permit cleansing of this cavity and preventing infections. I will however discourage you from doing this as it can help to phimosis (strangulation of the glans penis) which is an emergency that requires urgent attention.

My suggestion is that you seek medical attention. if circumcision is acceptable to you, this is a very easy and readily available solution. A uroogist would be the best person to consult.

I hope this addresses your query fully and provides ample information for you to act on. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for clarification if need be.
I wish you the best of health.
Dr. Ditah, MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can a non retractable foreskin cause discharge from the penis? 5 minutes later
thank you, I will try stretching first. is there anything I can do to stop the discharge now though? like using a squirt bottle to squeeze water into the cavity under foreskin?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for following up with me.

You can try stretching knowing that it may lead to phimosis. I am happy you have the information and you can act on.

Squeezing and stretching would only provide temporal solutions. It may be a good idea while preparing for an appointment but it cannot be the long term solution to this problem. This would really interfere and not very much help your sexual life.

I hope this helps. Happy exchanging with you on this and feel free to ask for more information if need be. Thanks.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor