Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Can a man over 60 be circumcised?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
Is it acceptable for a 60 year to get circumcised - I have my reasons.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with my interpretation and recommendations. Regarding circumcision this is something which is more commonly done at a very young age or just after birth for a number of reasons including religion.

There are some patients who've reached adult ages and then decided to have a circumcision performed. There may be a number of reasons to have this done and I cannot offer you any criticism or say that a decision to pursue circumcision is wrong or XXXXXXX

I would advise you however to seek the advice of a very experienced urological surgeon who has experience in performing adult circumcision. This is very important in that adult circumcision is different from circumcision of a newborn. An experienced surgeon will be able to discuss this with you.

There may be some pain involved after the procedure as you go through the healing process. This is something which you can certainly endure with the support of your physicians.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor