Can a knee injury cause pain around the patella and pain while walking?
I suffered a knee twist injury on 25th Dec while playing badminton. Initially there was a swelling in the knee & I had applied ice packs. The swelling was reduced after few days. However I started developing a pain around the patella while climbing stairs & had discomfort while walking. Also my leg started feeling weak & especially when climbing down using my left leg I started getting pains. I consulted a ortho specicalist 1 week back who suggested me to get a MRI done. I have attached the copy of the MRI report that was done yesterday. Please suggest on what could be the next steps to resolve this problem.
Surgical repair is needed.
I have seen the attached MRI scan report.
It suggests a medial meniscus tear and anterior cruciate ligament tear.
This will not heal properly with a conservative surgery.
It is best to get an arthroscopic surgical repair done for a complete and proper recovery.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Knee injury causes
- Posterolateral knee injuries causes
- Acute knee injury causes
- Right knee injury causes
- Knee injury swelling pain bruising by patella immobilization help
- Knee injury indentation to knee pain while bumping knee anywhere
- Complex knee injuries causes
- Having pain after a knee injury
- Twisted knee injury causes
- Knee injury persisting pain is that normal
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?