Can a hard jerk on left breast post breast augmentation cause a damage?

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 28 Jun 2016 in Lump
Question: Hi im 6 weeks post op breast augmentation. I just slid off of my truck foot panel and slammed foot down hard on concrete. My left side is tight. Do you think i caused damage at this point? No blood or pain just slight tight? I go to my plastic surgeon for follow up in a day?? Please advise?
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Post-augmentation tight left breast after hard jerk/ Under Evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Brief Ans-Post-augmentation tight left breast after hard jerk/ Under Evaluation

Hi Dear !! Thanks for your query to HCM.
Read and reviewed your query in context to your current health concerns.
As you have tight left breast and worried about any damage in that left breast-post hard jerk trauma,I took extra efforts to study and review your past history since 30,april,16.I was concerned to know that you had recurring(this is 3rd injury event with past 2 events) injuries by heavy weight lifting and by pulling of the arm lately.

Do's Suggested-
In this scenario with history of repeated breast injuries(direct or / indirect) I would suggest you to go for physical check up from attending plastic Surgeon and if need be-with his advise-get the MRI confirmation for the safety of the implant -even though no other complaints are noticed from you.

In this background,with the existent past history of asymmetry in your case,if you still notice any increase in the past existent asymmetry in the breast,there is more reason to get the MRI confirmation,for to know that the breast implant is not ruptured and not leaking either.

Next appointment for Review-after Plastic Surgeons Check report-or after check MRI-
I would ask you to work on these lines suggested and come back to ME for a review after a period of 2-3 weeks,by which you would get the Plastic
Surgeons physical check up report and MRI report-if done.

Dear,Hope this comprehensive and detailed reply would help you to resolve your health issues with help of your doctors there.

Welcome for any further query in this regard.

If need be, update any health issue 24 x 7 by a direct question to ME, at following HCM link-http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=70229

Dear, if satisfied, Don't forget to close this query with YOUR pleasing feedback comments to rate this reply and service, to boost the morale of incoming Emergency patients like YOU, at HCM services.

If you want to update more details and ask more update queries ,
You are most Welcome herewith !!

Good Day!!

Wishing Good Healthy Life in time to come!!

Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar