Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

161 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can a general physician help in diagnosing piles?

Answered by
Dr. Kampana

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 683 Questions

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi doctor, I have a doubt one of my family member is suffering from piles for the first time can we consult a general physician first or should we take him to a proctologist?
Answered by Dr. Kampana 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can visit a general physician first.

Detailed Answer:

Hi, Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’.

Thanks for your query.

You can see a general physician first, try soft and high fiber diet and sitz bath. If it still persists then you can meet a proctologist.

I hope this answered your query.

Take care.

Dr. Kampana , General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on