Can a flu vaccine affect the results of a rapid HIV test?
Yes it can
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Influenza virus itself or the vaccine used for it in flu both can give a false positive rapid HIV test and should be confirmed by more specific tests like 4th generation HIV tests or western blots.
Talk to an infectious disease specialist and let them help you in this regard. But as far as your query is concerned, flu can give a false positive test of rapid HIV testing.
I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rashes after flu vaccine
- Blood thinners and flu vaccine
- Novartis flu vaccine
- Splenectomy and flu vaccinations
- Rapid hiv test results
- Flu vaccine and menstruation
- Flu vaccine affecting lymph nodes
- Nasal flu vaccine for adults
- Had unprotected sex got flu hiv tests negative window period
- How does flu vaccine affect blood test
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...