Can a disulfiram reaction occur from inhaling burning charcoal fumes?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Question: Can a disulfiram reaction occur from inhaling the fumes from burning charcoal while barbecuing?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No evidence of reaction...

Detailed Answer:

There are no evidences that suggest one will have disulfiram reaction like symptoms after inhaling fumes from burning charcoal while barbecuing.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any other information.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 16 hours later
Is ethylene dibromide found in burning charcoal briquets or the fumes from burning charcoal briquets?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely...

Detailed Answer:

I am not a chemist. However as per my chemistry knowledge as charcoal burns the predominantly the fumes contain carbon monoxide and carbondioxide. I haven't read about ethylene dibromide in those toxic gas. You can discuss with a chemist further about those fumes.