• question-icon

Can a deviated septum cause sinus infection, headache and vision problem?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: deviated septum what does it do to you as far as sinus, vision, headaches
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not usually affect vision but can cause sinus disease and headaches

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

A deviated septum can cause nasal obstruction (blockage of the nose), this is the most common symptom.

It is not known to cause disturbances of the vision but it can cause headaches and sinus symptoms.
Sinus symptoms may occur due to the obstruction of the nasal passages, increasing inflammation of the sinus passages which are connected and form part of the respiratory system.

The symptoms may be post nasal drip, nasal discharge, facial pain

The headaches may be due to sinus disease/congestion

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Dr. Michelle Gibson James