Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Can a dark mole at the base of penis be symptom of HPV?

Dec 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 4168 Questions
Hi, I have a dark mole at the base of my penis. I discovered it a few months ago and it hasn't changed much. I'm wondering if it's HPV or just a mole or something more serious.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly provide detail with high resolution picture Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your to healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for dark mole at the base of your penis. I have thoroughly analyzed the pictures but the picture blurred and not sharp and good resolution to reach to any conclusive point. I request you to kindly send high resolution pictures of the affected area along with certain important information. I further ask you some relevant information from your side: - Are there more of these type dark structure s anywhere near to the genital area or any other site of body. If yest hen can upload the high resolution picture of same taken form the front of area rather than above. - Have you felt any discharge over the penis head along with this mole type of structure. If yes then is it watery or pus like or whitish. - Any history of unprotected intercourse in last few months. The best of the part would be to send few good resolution pictures of the area so that it can be analyzed best. You have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia) "Wish you good health" with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor