Can a child be administered anti-rabies shot after a dog bite?
No harm if antirabies serum has been given
Thanks for asking on this platform
After bitten by a dog there are chances of getting rabies infection.It can be prevented by rabies vaccination and administration of antirabies serum.
Previously it was said that antirabies serum needs to be given in seriously bitten person.
But now a days it is recommended that both these to be given if person is not vaccinated early.
So I won't get worried if antirabies serum is given in fact it is right way of treatment.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Both have been administered timely
Thanks for follow up
The vaccine should be administered as early as possible preferably within 72 hours.Similarly serum should be administered within 8 days.
So both have been administered timely.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- When to take anti rabies injection after a dog bite
- After the dog bit he received anti rabies
- Anti rabies vaccination after dog bit smoking
- Anti rabies after dog bite
- Anti rabies vaccine injection timing after biting
- After taking rabies vaccine a dog bites again
- When can dog bite be injected with anti rabies?
- Bath after anti rabies for dogs
- Child had a dog bite need anti-rabies shot
- Taken anti rabies vaccine after dog bite worried about child