Can a chest infection cause chest pain despite being on Unicortin, Montair LC and Pneumoclav?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 31 Oct 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I had severe cold and mild fever and mild chest pain (right side)while coughing, 15 days back. I had taken paracetamol and antibiotic for a week. The fever and cold has come down the chest pain remained. Chest X ray has been taken and consulted a pumonologist and I am taking the following medicines for the last one week, but the pain is there and today after sneezing, the pain became severe @ right chest and back. Pls help
Unicortin E 400 mg
Montair LC
Pneumoclav 625
Pantop[ DSR
Baburaj k
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Please send me both chest X-ray.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the attachment you have sent. Since you had a chest infection, we should definitely rule out worsening of chest infection for your worsening pain.

So please send me an image of both chest X-rays.

If the infection is improving then the possibility of musculoskeletal pain is more likely.

So apply warm water pad on affected areas. Take painkiller and muscle relaxant drugs. Avoid movements causing pain.

But if chest infection is worsening then you will need CT scan of thorax.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Kaushal Bhavsar, Pulmonologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana