Can a chest infection cause chest pain despite being on Unicontin and Pneumoclav?
Unicortin E 400 mg
Please send me both chest X-ray.
I have gone through the attachment you have sent. Since you had a chest infection, we should definitely rule out worsening of chest infection for your worsening pain.
So please send me an image of both chest X-rays.
If the infection is improving then the possibility of musculoskeletal pain is more likely.
So apply warm water pad on affected areas. Take painkiller and muscle relaxant drugs. Avoid movements causing pain.
But if chest infection is worsening then you will need CT scan of thorax.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Kaushal Bhavsar, Pulmonologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rib pain and chest infection
- Chest infection back pain
- Chest infection breathless chest pain
- Atypical chest infection causes
- Chest infection shoulder pain
- Pneumococcal chest infections causes
- Chest infection pain in chest
- Chest infection still breathless chest pains
- Bacterial chest infection causes
- Chest infection causing pain between shoulder blades