Can a blocked fellopian tube be unblocked?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: My left tube was removed and my right tube is blocked can it be unblocked
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Right tube can be unblocked.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The left tube that has been removed is difficult to reconstruct. The right tube that is blocked can be re canalized surgically after breaking the adhesions. Even after the surgical re canalization there are chances of a recurrent ectopic pregnancy due to the scar tissue after the surgery.
Your treating doctor will be the best judge after seeing the amount of blockage and scarring on the right tube.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal